Corona del Mar
Nestled on the piedmont below the San Joaquin Hills, Corona del Mar is located in that prime location where the low hills meet the deep blues of the Pacific Ocean. It’s name in Spanish means the “Crown of the Sea,” but locals affectionately call this affluent town in Newport Beach “CdM.” Chic and laidback, Corona del Mar has a distinct personality that sets it apart from its mothercity; flower-named residential streets wind across this stylish enclave, where residents enjoy a mélange of dining, entertainment, and retail options.
This charming beachside community is home to the top-ranking Corona del Mar High School. Supervised by the Newport-Mesa Unified School District, this academic institution serves students from the 7th to the 12th grades. Its roster of notable alumni includes several Olympic athletes, actresses, and musicians.
The real estate market of this sophisticated beach town is dominated by:
- Free-standing and detached single-family residences, most especially along the Pacific Coast Highway
- Estates of various architectural styles along Ocean Avenue
- Ranch-style homes in Harbor View Hills
- Cottage-style properties and homes with ocean panoramas
- Little Corona– Smaller than its sister Big Corona, Little Corona del Mar beach is a popular diving site. It’s something of anoff-the-beaten-track stretch of coastand most of the people who frequent it are locals. To get to Little Corona, one must hike down a steep hill – making its seclusion one of its biggest draws. Well-protected from surf and swell, Little Corona is popular with families with small children. Tide pools and scattered snorkeling sites are some of its attractions.
- Sherman Library and Gardens – Encompassing a total area of 2.2 acres, this horticultural sanctuary is one of Corona del Mar’s jewels. The gardens are home to various flora, from the most common plants to rare vegetation. The library houses over 15,000 books, a treat for any bibliophile.
©2017 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of November 22, 2017 1:31 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.