Welcome to Surf City USA®, one of Orange County’s best seaside enclaves. With miles of uninterrupted coastline, Huntington Beach is the very embodiment of authentic surf lifestyle and the best of Southern California culture.
Approximately 197,000 permanent residents enjoy this sunny beach town’s year-round pleasant weather and pristine beaches. The city was named after Henry Huntington, a railroad tycoon who jumpstarted Huntington Beach’s development. Costa Mesa and Newport Beach are located nearby.
Huntington Beach earned the moniker Surf City because it had perennial surf breaks created by open ocean swellsgenerated by different weather systems. Thus, the denizens of Huntington Beach view surfing as more than a hobby; it’s become their way of life.The legendary 60s rock band The Beach Boys further cemented Huntington Beach’s status as a surf city with their hit song, “Surfin’ Safari.”
- Huntington Beach’s real estate market offers diverse, high-quality housing options, including:
- Single-family residences
- Multi-family residential homes
- Custom-built waterfront properties with boat dockage
- Huntington City Beach – Featuring around 3.5 miles of coastline, this landmark is famous among sun worshippers and surfing enthusiasts. Located right across the Pacific Coast Highway, the city beach is ranked as one of the best on the West Coast, with surfing among its most popular activities. Huntington City Beach is also home to the Huntington Beach Pier.
- Huntington Beach Pier – Located within Huntington City Beach, HB Pier is known as the symbolic heart of the area. Built in 1904, it is one of the West Coast’s longest recreational piers at 1,850 feet and is an important part of the city’s surfing tradition. A lot of people flock to HB Pier daily, from fishermen, to families, to surfers in their wetsuits. They come for the pier’s many dining and retail options as well as its million-dollar sunset views.
©2017 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of November 22, 2017 1:31 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.